Pyracoustic melamine foam edge is a suitable solution to improve the acoustics in a space. Melamine foam is self-adhesive, lightweight, fire resistant and has excellent noise-absorbing properties. Pyracoustic melamine foam edge is measuring 1200 x 600 mm and is delivered in two colours and two thicknesses: 30 mm and 50 mm. Thanks to the bevelled sides, these panels are suitable to be attached together.
– Bevelled sides
Pyracoustic melamine foam can be delivered with flat sides (flat) and bevelled sides (edge). As melamine foam is sensitive to environmental circumstances and may show stretch/shrinkage, it is our recommendation to use the edge-version if multiple panels are attached to one another. The bevelled sides offer the possibility for stretch. The finish of the edge-variant is displayed below as an example.
– Melamine foam is very sensitive to environmental circumstances and may therefore show stretch/shrinkage. We recommend to always have this product acclimatise for three days in the space you wish to apply it prior to mounting it.
– We recommend to choose the edge-variant if you are looking to mount multiple panels together.
– Make sure the surface is clean, dry and greaseproof prior to applying the product.
– Note: the adhesive layer is extremely powerful and the panel cannot be repositioned once it has been applied.
This product is tested and certified as B1 class according to the DIN 4102 standard and remains stable up to a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius.
– Humidity has an influence on melamine foam. Tolerances: when the humidity is 100%, there is a maximum dimensional change of +/- 5%
– The foam may present some cavities or imperfections. Tolerances: maximum 10 cavities per m2 and these should not be bigger than 15 mm
Lightweight, self-adhesive melamine foam sheets with bevelled edges